Do you want to decorate the first space that visitors walk into when they arrive at your home? Often overlooked and underused, console tables are versatile pieces of furniture to include in your home décor. They are adaptable kinds of accent furniture that can work well in each room and bring an equal amount of function and style to your space. Console tables can be found in a variety of style and design types, making them suitable for many areas of the home. Console tables can also be found in a variety of material types; metal and wood being the most popular. With so many different tables to select from, choosing one that perfectly works for your space can be daunting. If you are unsure how to incorporate a console table into your house furnishings, keep reading to discover what you need to consider when selecting one for your home.
What is a Console Table used for?
Console tables are versatile furniture pieces that can be put almost anywhere in your home, but most homeowners typically consider them only hallway or entryway furniture. With the correct placement and the perfect table, a console table can be utilized in multiple ways and add a stylistic accent to your space. Here are some areas in your home that console tables can be used:
1. Entryways or Hallways: A console table used here acts as the first statement of your home. Ideally, you will find console tables together with lamps, thus adding light, sophistication, and functionality. They work perfectly in entryways and hallways since they offer organization and surface area without obstructing your walkway.
2. Dining room: A console table can be used in the dining room to provide extra tabletop surface for items that should not be placed on the main table. Most console tables have additional shelves for storage purposes. You can also use it as a temporary bar for entertaining your guests.
3. Living room: Console tables can be used for various purposes in your sitting room. For example, they can be used as a side table or help declutter your coffee table. These tables are versatile furniture pieces that you can place in your living room to add visual appeal instantly.
4. Bedroom: You can use console tables and accent chairs in your bedroom to achieve a custom bedroom vanity.
Console Table Designs for Living Room
Setting up an inviting living room is the goal of many renters and homeowners alike. Console tables offer versatile potential and can help you to achieve specific functions in your living room. Selecting the right console table for your living room can be a real challenge considering the various finishes, designs, and shapes available. This post explores some standard console table designs that you can buy for your living room.
- Metal Console Table Designs
Since the living room furniture will stay in your home for many years to come, ensure you consider various factors before purchasing one. Metal console tables are beneficial because of their excellent durability and value for money. At Ferro Designs, we design and build different metal console table styles that can perfectly accent your living room.
- Wooden Console Table Designs
When it comes to selecting a console table for your living room, wooden designs are the most natural and timeless styles that can work perfectly for your space. Many console tables are available with drawers for storage purposes. There are many console table designs in wooden materials to suit your living room décor and match your interior design.
- Modern Console Table Designs for Living Room
Modern console tables feature a multi-functional design with various interior placements and open shelves for convenient cabinet displays and smart organization. You can add this console table to the corner of your living room for convenience and style, plus it can give your home a timeless appeal.
Where Should You Put the Console table?
Console tables are built to fit in places where large furniture pieces would appear too bulky. They come in various styles, sizes and designs that can be both functional and decorative. Unsure if a console table is perfect for a specific area in your home? We have comprehensively researched the topic, and we have clear answers for you!
Console tables are versatile pieces of furniture that can be used virtually anywhere in your home, including but not restricted to the:
- Entry space
- Living room
- Dining room
- Laundry area
Other unique areas where you can put your console table include:
Behind the Sofa
A console table placed behind a sofa is typically referred to as a “sofa table”. It can be placed in the gap between the back of your sofa and the wall. A console table hides the back of a couch and offers an attractive boundary between the two sections of your living room.
Against the Wall
Console tables can be placed against your living room walls. It can be used as an alternative to a mantel and fireplace to make a dramatic statement. Console tables are versatile pieces of furniture that can add utility, functionality, and visual appeal to any space in your home. By reading our post above, you can choose the perfect console table to meet your unique needs! If you are looking for unique table lamps to pair with your console table, contact us for help today.